Three years ago today, the forces of Islamist terror killed thousands of our countrymen. Although the news is relatively quiet and we haven’t suffered another major attack, we cannot afford complacency. Instead of just lighting a candle and feeling mopey all day, resolve to do something productive to help crush the enemies of civilization.
- What are you doing right now? Remember why we’re at war, and remember who we’re fighting. Listen again to what that day was like. Look at the photos again. Never forget.
- Pray for our nation, our nation’s leaders, our troops and our allies. God is not neutral in this fight against evil. Pray for swift and total victory.
- Give concrete support to our troops in the field.
- Help the Iraqi and Afghan people rebuild their lives.
- Ensure that the Senate stays in responsible hands, and doesn’t unduly obstruct the President in the conduct of the war.
- Educate yourself on history, current events and politics.
- Register to vote, and vote your conscience.
- If you’re between the ages of 17 and 35, enlist in the Army, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Navy, or Air Force.
- If you have a college degree and are under the age of 35, seek a commission in the Army, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Navy, or Air Force.
- Donate blood.
You may not wear a uniform today, but you can help. Millions of us together can accomplish great things.